

Carolyn joined us at the end of the summer and has made amazing progress in her personal health and fitness goals. She is mom to Eden and Ava, wife to Aaron, and one hard-workin' mama. Here's some fun info about her...
How did you hear about Stroller Strides?
It was in August at Shelby Farms. I had finally made up my mind not only to take charge of my health but take responsibility for it too. That was when I decided on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings to “jog” the 1.6 mile around the lake. I loaded up the girls into the double jogging stroller, and that was when I first laid eyes on those Stroller Stride chicks. They were ahead of me the entire time. A whole group of women and their strollers were not only jogging but stopping to do lunges and pushups. Crazy ~ who were they and why wasn’t I doing what they were doing? There was no way I was going to be able to jog around that lake, so I walked it as fast as I could. When I finally caught up to theses women, I asked what in the world they were doing? The very next week I joined.
What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday night?
My husband and I have concluded that this night can be his one time during the whole week to unwind. He plays indoor soccer along with XBOX live with old friends. Since I’m letting him do his thing, Friday nights I get to do what I want. This includes things like working on a project (I have a few of these), shopping by myself (with out kids), doing something with a girlfriend, or locking myself up in my room with a sappy movie.
What is the best thing about being a stylist?
Getting your hair done is such a personal undertaking. I thoroughly enjoy trying to figure out my client, what emotions she has with her hair (there are always emotions involved whether good or bad, intense or more passive), what she wants, what she doesn’t want, what she wishes she had, what she wishes she didn’t have…
…And then getting to be the stylist, using my professional opinion and skills, to come up with the best and most possible look for her. I guess the best part about being a stylist is the client! That and the total creative outlet I get from doing hair!
What is the funniest thing your girls do these days?
Narrowing it down is way too hard. I’ll tell you what I’ve observed them doing since I have started Stroller Strides. My girls will run around the house with their dolls in their strollers like they are jogging. Pop up the front tire for those sharp turns (because that is what I have to do with my stroller). Randomly they will stop to count out lunges, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, or maybe some pushups. Then jump up again to jog towards the next stop. And of course they always finish with their stretches. It’s pretty cute. I love that they know what exercise is and it even fits under the category of “playing” for them!
What is your biggest goal for 2009?
I’m setting a goal I would NEVER have dreamed I could do in my life and that is to run a half marathon! It still seems unobtainable and crazy to me, but after already reaching goals I didn’t think I could accomplish and succeeding… I’m excited to see just how far I can actually take it!
After committing to an exercise program like Stroller Strides – and because of the support group I felt I had exercising with all those other women, plus an amazing instructor – I have more energy, more strength, and more friends then I had before. I also have less fear, less doubt, and less fat! I’ve lost 20 lbs since I started in August! When I first decided to join up with Stroller Strides, I figured it would be a good work but apparently it was so much for than that for me!
It was in August at Shelby Farms. I had finally made up my mind not only to take charge of my health but take responsibility for it too. That was when I decided on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings to “jog” the 1.6 mile around the lake. I loaded up the girls into the double jogging stroller, and that was when I first laid eyes on those Stroller Stride chicks. They were ahead of me the entire time. A whole group of women and their strollers were not only jogging but stopping to do lunges and pushups. Crazy ~ who were they and why wasn’t I doing what they were doing? There was no way I was going to be able to jog around that lake, so I walked it as fast as I could. When I finally caught up to theses women, I asked what in the world they were doing? The very next week I joined.
What is your favorite thing to do on a Friday night?
My husband and I have concluded that this night can be his one time during the whole week to unwind. He plays indoor soccer along with XBOX live with old friends. Since I’m letting him do his thing, Friday nights I get to do what I want. This includes things like working on a project (I have a few of these), shopping by myself (with out kids), doing something with a girlfriend, or locking myself up in my room with a sappy movie.
What is the best thing about being a stylist?
Getting your hair done is such a personal undertaking. I thoroughly enjoy trying to figure out my client, what emotions she has with her hair (there are always emotions involved whether good or bad, intense or more passive), what she wants, what she doesn’t want, what she wishes she had, what she wishes she didn’t have…
…And then getting to be the stylist, using my professional opinion and skills, to come up with the best and most possible look for her. I guess the best part about being a stylist is the client! That and the total creative outlet I get from doing hair!
What is the funniest thing your girls do these days?
Narrowing it down is way too hard. I’ll tell you what I’ve observed them doing since I have started Stroller Strides. My girls will run around the house with their dolls in their strollers like they are jogging. Pop up the front tire for those sharp turns (because that is what I have to do with my stroller). Randomly they will stop to count out lunges, mountain climbers, jumping jacks, or maybe some pushups. Then jump up again to jog towards the next stop. And of course they always finish with their stretches. It’s pretty cute. I love that they know what exercise is and it even fits under the category of “playing” for them!
What is your biggest goal for 2009?
I’m setting a goal I would NEVER have dreamed I could do in my life and that is to run a half marathon! It still seems unobtainable and crazy to me, but after already reaching goals I didn’t think I could accomplish and succeeding… I’m excited to see just how far I can actually take it!
After committing to an exercise program like Stroller Strides – and because of the support group I felt I had exercising with all those other women, plus an amazing instructor – I have more energy, more strength, and more friends then I had before. I also have less fear, less doubt, and less fat! I’ve lost 20 lbs since I started in August! When I first decided to join up with Stroller Strides, I figured it would be a good work but apparently it was so much for than that for me!
1 comment:
...Oh Brother!!!
Post a Comment