My name is Katie Balthrop and I started Stroller Strides in Memphis two years ago when we moved here. My husband is Paul and we have a son John (3) and a baby due in September. I'm certifed in personal training and group fitness, and I love Stroller Strides because I feel like it really makes a difference to moms out there looking to get in shape, stay in shape or just meet new people. It's how it met almost all of my friends in Memphis...lucky me!
Pre and postnatal fitness is a highly specialized area. There's no other time in life that a person's body changes so dramatically and rapidly, and we have to be on top of it all. We pride ourselves on offering tough but safe classes and being able to give everyone a great workout regardless of their starting fitness level. Pushing a stroller is a great way to burn extra calories, and joining a group fitness program has been proven time and again to increase motivation and adherance. Plus, and most importantly, exercise just makes you feel good.
I ususally try to ask obscure or silly questions of my moms of the month so I'll try to give you something of the same from me.
Let's see...
I'm a classically trained registered architect but I'll never go back to a cubicle.
I love to run. I run almost every day and I feel off if I don't. It's my me time, my thinking time, my chance breathe.
I really love turkey sandwiches and apples. I could eat them every day for the rest of my life. And pudding.
I've successfully kicked my old Diet Coke habit. Freedom!
My least favorite chores are cleaning the bathroom and unloading the dishwasher.
I get way too emotionally involved in movies. My husband has to be very careful when picking a date flick because it could make me cry.
I like helping people reach their goals. I used to consider fitness a hobby but now I realize that it's essential to a lot of people's well being and happiness and I'm glad I can be a part of that in my friends' lives.
I grew up in Iowa but would be a happy woman if I spent the rest of my life on the beach.
So, that's me!

No comments:
Post a Comment